Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Updates!

NEW POSTS will show up below - SCROLL DOWN
We are now back from Alaska and living in California, but I am enjoying reliving our trip as I continue to update the blog, so check back, and I hope to have the trip completed by this summer (in case we take a blog-worthy vacation!) Posts show the actual date they happened, not when I post them, so they will appear below this note.

Posts to look forward to: the rest of British Columbia, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, ALASKA, and our return trip and happy ending!

In the meanwhile, you can check our photo albums (which will also get updated) here: picasaweb.google.com/devinandmaggie/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys
Great trip! Somehow my search for colouring in pictures of Passion (Palm) Sunday) landed me at your blog...an equisite photograph taken on Passion Sunday last year. I am mum (from Australia) to three kids (14, 12, 8 yrs), married to a Wisconsin man, and living in Perth, Western Australia. We are hoping to visit family in Wi later in the year. Meantime your blog is giving us some inspiration re where to take the kids to show them more of their country. So thank you! Wondering what kind of digital camera you use and how you honed your photography skills! Better get on with my real life now: go to bed...it's 2.43am here. Thanks again for sharing your adventures.

Devin and Maggie said...

Thank you! We would ~love~ to explore Australia some day. So many great wide open spaces to explore there, too!

I mostly used a little pocket digital camera, Canon PowerShot SD700 IS, "Digital ELPH." And many of the shots are "drive by shootings"! On very scenic days, I took a few HUNDRED pics a day, which is a real pain to sort through later, let me tell you! But with that large of a sample, I can at least get a few half-way decent ones, even "drive-bys"!

And honing? Well, I don't know how honed they are, but that hundreds a day did something - I'm pretty quick with a point and shoot! Ha ha. I like using the guides in the view screen (which is large and bright on this little camera) to properly make use of the "rule of nines" and also to keep the horizon even. On those where that didn't work, I use iPhoto to straighten, crop, enlarge and otherwise fix.

Thank you for sharing your comments. Enjoy your adventures!

Maggie